Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dear MOtivation...

I can definitely relate to the above photo. It has been six months since I started weight loss coaching. Did I lose the 10 lbs a month I wanted? No. Now, most people would reply with: "Then WHY are you working with a weight loss coach if you didn't get your 60 lbs. loss goal? You haven't made much progress in your life." My response is: "Well, this is exactly WHY I am working with a weight loss coach. My attached weight is from many challenges, obstacles, and emotional weight that prevents me from truly focusing on one person only: ME. The beautiful thing about life is that it is always changing and evolving. The person I am today, is completely different from the person I was six months ago. In the last six months(without too much detail for personal reasons) I moved out of my parents house, uprooted my life from San Jose back to Marin, cut out the people in my life that were truly not supportive of me (quality versus quantity) completed my MBA thesis project while couch surfing for 3 months in several counties before I finally moved to Sausalito, got a new job at a nonprofit in San Rafael doing work I LOVE, becoming more active politically in Marin, became a Eucharistic Minister/Lector/Young Adult Catholic leader at my church, and am redefining and restarting my life only focusing on one person only: ME. It took me 26 years to finally become a true adult, and this is the first time in my life that I am proud of myself and happy. I think I accomplished a lot in the last 6 months. In fact the decisions I have made in the last six months probably would have never happened until I left my parents home. I am accountable and responsible for one person now: ME. I know I keep repeating that, but I never truly realized how much I live my life for OTHER PEOPLE. Now is the time, especially during the Lenten season to jump start the 2012 year for ME. I know, it sounds VERY Eat, Pray, Love, but honestly that's where I am in my life. Progress, Motivation, Inspiration, and Discipline. The last 6 months were crazy sauce, but these next 6 months will be an ass kicker, and I promise you: I will be 60 lbs down. Why?! I HAVE NO MORE DISTRACTIONS. If I fail at this, there is only one person to blame: myself. No excuses. Whatever it takes. Here we go...

1 comment:

  1. Mo, your sharing inspires me. If I were able to climb up the altar, I would be a Eucharistic minister myself. I hope with all your moves you continue to find a supportive network, and let the unsupportive sit quietly at the side. It is wonderful in a few sentences you can grab onto all the successes you have had!

    ReplyDelete